Products made by using various processing techniques and methods in the food industry to process fresh fruits and vegetables are called processed fruits and vegetables. According to the biological characteristics of the raw materials of fruits and vegetables, the corresponding process can be used to make many processed products. According to the manufacturing process, they can be divided into the following categories:
1. Fruit and vegetable jar collection: After pretreatment, fresh fruit and vegetable raw materials are put into an air-tight and tightly sealed container, and an appropriate amount of salt water or water or sugar water is added, and the product is made through processes such as exhaust, sealing, and sterilization. This method of food preservation is called canning.
2. Fruit and vegetable sugar products: Fresh fruits and vegetables are pretreated and cooked with sugar to make the sugar content above 65-75%. Such processed products are called fruit and vegetable sugar products. According to the product form, it is divided into two categories: preserved fruit and jam.
3. Dried fruits and vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are dried naturally or artificially to reduce the water content to a certain level (15-25% for fruits and 3-6% for vegetables.
4. Fruit and vegetable quick-frozen products: fresh fruits and vegetables are pre-treated and quickly frozen within 30 minutes at a low temperature of -25～30°C. The products made are called fruit and vegetable quick-frozen products.
5. Fruit and vegetable juice: The processed product obtained by squeezing the juice from the raw materials of fruit and vegetable, through clarification, filtration or homogenization, is called fruit and vegetable juice.
6. Fruit wine: After the fruit material is squeezed out, the product is made by using yeast to convert sugar into alcohol.
7. Vegetable pickled products: processed products made by using salt to pickle fresh vegetables with or without dehydration.